Friday, June 6, 2014

Defining the pages

This morning I have folded my pages and defined them with putting gesso on the edges.  Now this is drying.  Can't wait to start the next step.  But I have work to do now.  Normal life must go on, but at least I can go in my art room now and do a little bit each day.  I really like the idea suggested by Jennibellie to create lots of embellishments and tags etc and put these in your inspiration station ready to go for when you want to create in your journal.  Making embellishments can be nice quick projects to do that can be a lot of fun and still give you a lot of creative satisfaction.  As she said in one of her videos: you need to peel the apples first before you can make the apple pie.  I keep thinking about his saying now every time I just like to go in my art room just to do one little thing.  Even if I only have time to stamp one butterfly and colour it.  That is one embellishment that I can add to my stash.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angelique, your journal is coming along nicely. I use Liquitex Gesso as it is Liquid and goes a long way. It dries pretty quick too. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete